Archive layout reorganization

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jul 22 17:23:10 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

I've written a script that converts the old archive layout to the new
one. The only missing piece is regenerating the checksum files but
that's not too difficult.

Automating this is risky, that's why the script prints out everything
it creates, and also the files and directories it skipped. Here's the
output:

  http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/xfce/archive-layout.txt

The test archive is created on

  http://mocha.xfce.org/~jannis/archive/

Please note that this archive only contains stuff from
mocha.xfce.org/archive/ and not from goodies.xfce.org/releases/.

Can anyone please check that everything is correct? Check if all
releases are in place, no files are missing etc. and please have a look
at the output and tell me what to do with the skipped files/directories
at the bottom.

The script is available on

  http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/xfce/archive-migration.rb

THIS IS IMPORTANT, so please, please have a look at the files and the
test archive. Without feedback from you, we won't be able to move to the
new layout.

If you have any comments/suggestions/fixes, let me know.

  - Jannis