Accounts for the new release manager

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jul 22 02:53:42 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I'm sending this to both, goodies-dev and xfce4-dev, this time, so
please excuse the short introduction:

Most of you may have heard about it already: there's a new release
manager in town, which unifies the way we do releases. It combines the
manual release upload process we had in Xfce and the slightly more
comfortable process that was available for goodies via
http://goodies.xfce.org/release-manager/.

Without further ado, here it is: https://release.xfce.org/.

Collections (like Xfce), projects (like xfce4-panel or
xfce4-notes-plugin) and accounts for maintainers are already set up for
you. All you need to do is log in with your Xfce username and a
password (it is being set the first time you log in, so be careful when
typing it into the login form).

PLEASE DON'T DO ANY RELEASES YET! You can click the "Release a new
version" links if you want to, but please don't upload tarballs or
send announcements to mailinglists or identi.ca.

Just check if you see all your projects. We'll soon change the layout
of the Xfce download archive and point the release manager to it ...
and THEN you can use it. I'll send another announcement before and
after that is done.

So for now, only do this:

  1. log in
  2. check if your projects are there
  3. let me know if there are problems with 1. and 2.

Cheers,
Jannis