Notify frameworks in Xfce and Thunar

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Fri Jul 10 21:45:07 CEST 2009

On 2009/07/10 07:02, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
> My question is: have you thought about using GIO monitoring API?

 From what I understand, there is no GIO monitoring API.  Or, rather,
GFileMonitor exists, but doesn't really do much useful without a
backend.  Gvfs provides a backend for it, but that requires a couple
gnome dependencies at this point, so people may not be too happy to
install it on an Xfce desktop.  I believe Jannis was working on a
separate file monitor, but it's not finished, and will only support
DeviceKit-disks (not HAL), and will need support for OSes other than
Linux added at some point.

	-brian