Notify frameworks in Xfce and Thunar

Pavol Rusnak prusnak at suse.cz
Fri Jul 10 16:02:24 CEST 2009

Hi!

I would like to ask about the status of Notify frameworks in Xfce and
Thunar. I know that fam/gamin are supported in both thunar and
xfdesktop. I also found this email[1], where I learnt that we can't
expect direct inotify support in Xfce applications (and I'm OK with
that). My question is: have you thought about using GIO monitoring API?
Or is it even already supported? (I think that Xfce already depends on
glib.)

Thanks!

[1] http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/thunar-dev/2006-May/002874.html