plans for xfconf, lockdown

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Jul 9 00:33:13 CEST 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:23:30 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:

> On 2009/07/08 13:40, walking2go at gmx.net wrote:
> > Then, it would be great if other components (like thunar,
> > xfce4-panel, etc.) could be accessable through xfconf, too. What are
> > your plannings about that?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Just that thunar and the panel
> don't store their settings in xfconf?  If that's the case, Nick's
> experimental panel in git already has some support for xfconf (though
> I'm not sure how much; he can chime in if he wants).
>
> Thunar support is uncertain: no one is actively maintaining Thunar
> right now (Jannis is porting it to gio/gvfs, but I don't know that he
> cares to do much more than that).

Oh, in fact I am ;)

I don't do anything in trunk at the moment because the main target is
to get Thunar working on top of GIO. Once that's merged, Thunar will be
actively maintained again.

Using xfconf to store the Thunar settings is on my TODO list, with
lower priority than the migration to GIO though.

  - Jannis