Libxfce4ui api review

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jul 8 19:26:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:28:15 +0200
Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the import of the libxfce4kbd-private library I will use
> libxfce4kbd-private-2.la as library name and reset verinfo, this way
> we don't get file conflicts between libxfce4ui and libxfcegui4. When
> switching a module to libxfce4ui we simply use [libxfce4kbd-private-2]
> in configure.in.in. Any objections or better ideas?

I guess that's ok, considering that the libxfce4kbd-private in
libxfcegui4 is never going to reach API version 2. Like Brian, I'm not
really happy with having those private libraries either, but I guess
having them is okay for now. Gotta rethink the keyboard stuff later
anyway, I guess (still got a lot of people complaining about it), so
moving it into the public part of the API doesn't make sense at this
point.

  - Jannis