Libxfce4ui api review

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Mon Jul 6 20:10:40 CEST 2009

Nick Schermer wrote:
> I think I've already asked for this a while ago but at that time
> nobody replied. So, it would be nice if developers can take a look,
> I'll upload the API docs later today, but there is not a lot of code
> so reading headers will do ;-).
>
> One crucial missing piece is a session client, the reason is simple,
> I'd like to have something close to the implementation gtk will use,
> so I'm still waiting what they are going to do. /Me will pick this up
> soon. Other than that most of the code is there.
>
> So please review and post your problems so I can fix them! Then
> hopefully we can send gui4 to the graveyard in Xfce 4.8.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Hello Nick,

I can't really review the API, but still have a question re libxfce4ui.
It may have already been discussed on this ML, but what is libxfce4ui?
It's a rewrite of gui4? It adds features? fixes bugs? Cleans code? Will
we need to port every single application using gui4 to it?

Thanks in advance,

Jérôme