The Goodies projects

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Mon Jul 6 15:38:15 CEST 2009

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:56:35 -0700
> "Brian J. Tarricone" <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:
>

>> On 07/05/2009 01:45 PM, Ali Abdallah wrote:
>>

>>> I think it is a very good idea to have a page on the goodies website
>>> contains a small table with each module and its old maintainer +
>>> current maintainer of empty if there is no one + status, so people
>>> wishing to help can start from the abandoned projects.
>>>
>> Yes, good idea.  And I think a prerequisite for getting a new module
>> added to the goodies repo should be to have *already* entered this
>> information.
>>

> Yeah, this could be very helpful. I think we should include information
> like the current and previous maintainer, last release date and version
> and probably something more vague like a status (in-development,
> feature-complete, stuff like that). Actually, I've had this idea almost
> a year ago but I never mentioned it anywhere ;)
>
> If someone wants to create this, please go ahead. It should be easily
> reachable from the goodies frontpage.

I have created the page on the goodies wiki [1], it contains all goodies
project (applications, panel-plugin, thunar-plugin+ bindings), please
update your module information.

Probably, Mike and I can share the work of contacting each module
maintainer to figure out all the modules status.

Cheers and thanks,
Ali.

[1] http://goodies.xfce.org/goodies-maintainers

--
Send unlimited messages for free to all destinations with DBus.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus