4.6 installer: glade files installed to global prefix

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 21 10:17:14 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:28:40 +0100 Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> > I'm a little worried about custom xinitrcs overriding the global
> > one, but... eh, I really don't want to pollute the startxfce4
> > script with more crap.
>
> If we correctly document that, it may not be that painful. It'll
> “only” bites people installing from sources, without root
> permissions, right? So people who install to custom places anyway,
> and then are used to do their homeworks, and read READMEs and stuff
> like that.

Yep, that's pretty much it.  More specifically, it'll bite anyone who
installs Xfce to a different prefix than where libglade is installed.
So in theory anyone who installs distro packages should be fine, since
I'd imagine all distros would install stuff like that to the same place.

The only people this should affect in a way that would be confusing are
people using the GUI installer, who ALSO already have a custom xinitrc
in ~/.config/xfce4/.

	-b