Thunar fails to build with debug

Mike Massonnet mike.massonnet at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 20:49:11 CET 2009

Le Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:23:55 +0100,
Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> a écrit :

> > I personally don't see any use in -Werror as I can see compiler
> > warnings while compiling and so I have no need to break my
> > compilation. But that's just me :).

In a project as big as Thunar you don't notice them, except if you wish
to stay really concentrated in front of the lines of compilations, and
don't forget to use colormake instead cause otherwise you would kill
your eyes.

> Perhaps we should remove -Werror from debug=full, and add a
> debug=paranoid option ;-)

FWIW, Thunar enables the debug output when compiled from SVN, it seems,
and adds -Werror with debug=yes, not =full.  So maybe moving it to full
would be a good idea.  Same goes for libexo of course.

Mike