No icon theme in 4.6?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Sat Feb 28 14:01:06 CET 2009

On sam, 2009-02-28 at 11:50 +0000, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
> > Ok, once I removed gnome-icon-theme from the Xubuntu system I installed
> > 4.6 on, it didn't look so good anymore. Choosing Tango manually helped
> > though. So I guess we need a default setting for that.
>
> Exactly, that's the point, if you install Xfce with the default
> settings, it's unusable.

Default xsettings.xml seems to ask for Rodent. If you have it installed,
it may be used. It lacks some icons for 4.6 but...

> (I do have hicolor, Tango, and dozen of other icon themes, but that's
> not the point)

I think it inherits Tango and some other stuff.

I'm not exactly sure how it behaves if nothing is installed. I did test
a fresh user but didn't notice much missing icons (but I do have
gnome-icon-theme)

Yves-Alexis