[Xfce4-commits] r29619 - xfwm4/tags

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 26 21:29:38 CET 2009

Stephan Arts wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
>>> Added:
>>>   xfwm4/tags/xfce_4_6_0/
>>> Log:
>>> tag xfce 4.6.0
>> I guess you want to wait for the tags to be stabilized for sure before
>> branching, but in case, let's not forget to branch all the packages
>> too, this is a major release
>
> Yeah, I have not forgotten about that.
>
> I will copy the tags to the branches this evening. All tags seem to be
> doing fine.

No, you should branch from trunk.  And this branch shouldn't happen
until a few weeks after 4.6.0 is released, so we can get patches in from
what I expect will be a much larger flood of bugs immediately after
4.6.0 comes out.  Then no one needs to worry about committing patches to
two branches at once until the flood subsides.  This is more or less
what we've done for 4.4, 4.2, and 4.0... any reason to change that?

(Aside from "waaa, but I want to start adding experimental stuff NOW."
Use a branch until then.  It's only a couple weeks added on to 2 years.)

	-brian