How to restart Xfce?

Quiring, Sam Sam.Quiring at windriver.com
Thu Feb 26 16:40:54 CET 2009

Greetings,

I am working on an Accessibility application on a Linux instance with
Xfce as the desktop.  Mozilla's Minefield is the internet browser.  We
are experiencing some difficulties where some accessibility operations
on Minefield cause the entire desktop to freeze.  It is getting really
tiresome to have to reboot the image.

We can PuTTY into linux and the resulting ssh interface is still alive
even though Xfce is frozen.  So I'm looking for a command or commands to
restart just the desktop.  I hope this is the right mailing list.

We had a similiar problem with the GNOME desktop and this command worked
great for us:

% sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart

Thanks,
-Sam