Working with branches after 4.6

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Feb 21 00:01:35 CET 2009

Brian J. Tarricone kirjoitti:
> Stavros Giannouris wrote:
>>
>> How about using transifex[1] for this, which is made to solve this
>> exact problem? It has a multi-VCS backend, statistics, and a nice web
>> interface to help people not familiar with this kind of stuff.
>> contribute.
>>
>> Stavros
>>
>> [1] http://transifex.org/
>
> I was thinking about something like this.  Should probably see what the
> i18n guys think since they'd be the ones who'd actually have to use it.
>
>     -b

Something like transifex seems like a good idea, as even svn can be
scary to an aspiring translator with no prior experience with vcs
software. And as most of you know and some might even admit, git scares
the shit out of anyone with half a brain, a social life or any
combination thereof.

In any case, as a translator with precious little time to put into
actually translating Xfce, I'd be tremendously happy if direct access to
the source control system would still be an option for those of us who
are willing to take the risk of git-induced brain damage to logging in
and clicking away at another friendly-but-time-consuming web interface.

- Jari

PS: Sorry if I was unnecessarily... verbal. I'm tired and dangerously knurd.