Help to compile Xarchiver under FreeBSD

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 23:48:16 CET 2009

2009/2/14 Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mmhmh, maybe.
>>
>> grep msgfmt config.log
>>
>> If it prints out MSGFMT='/usr/local/bin/msgfmt' then there is a serious
>> problem.  Otherwise rerun the configure script.
>> I don't know how to specify to the configure script where to look for
>> these specific commands... maybe --program-suffix|prefix=.
>
> It prints out NOTHING. I rerun the configure script and still nothing.
> Can you please pull out the sources and verify by yourself so to
> understand if it's a matter of configure script?
>
> $ svn co http://imagination.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/imagination
>
> Thanks,

I get result:

mike at karper:/dev/shm/imagination$ /bin/grep -i msgfmt config.log
configure:6169: checking for msgfmt
configure:6187: found /usr/bin/msgfmt
configure:6199: result: /usr/bin/msgfmt
ac_cv_path_MSGFMT=/usr/bin/msgfmt
GMSGFMT=''
MSGFMT='/usr/bin/msgfmt'
MSGFMT_OPTS=''

mike at karper:/dev/shm/imagination$ ./autogen.sh | /bin/grep -B5 -i msgfmt
checking for intltool-update... /usr/bin/intltool-update
checking for intltool-merge... /usr/bin/intltool-merge
checking for intltool-extract... /usr/bin/intltool-extract
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt

I don't know what the problem is however.

Mike