Help to compile Xarchiver under FreeBSD

Stefan Miklosovic miklosovic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:35:40 CET 2009

> Can you tell me how to install xgettext under freebsd?
>
> $ pkg_add xgettext ?

first, if you dont know where it is,
try to find that

$ cd /usr/ports && make search name=xgettext (or make search key=xgettext)

this comand will figure out, where xgettext is located

then

$ cd _where_xgettext_is_stored_
$ make install clean

you dont have to compile it from source, you can download it as you wrote

$ pkg_add -r xgettext

without -r switch, you would try to download that package from your
own local repositary (in your case I think from CD), but there
is no guarantee that package will be contained in CD of your
FreeBSD installation. (and it will be old ^^)

--
~stewe