[Xfce4-commits] r29432 - in xfce4-settings/trunk: . dialogs/keyboard-settings

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Feb 3 10:01:37 CET 2009

Am Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:34:52 +0100
schrieb Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>:

> 2009/2/3 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:
> > +- Make embedded settings dialogs optional (and disabled by
> > default).
> > +  They can be turned on using --enable-pluggable-dialogs.
>
> Could you open a bug report (and attach the bug number in the NEWS
> file), why this feature is optional right now?

Not really. But of course I can tell you why it is optional now. It is
because of about 17 dialogs 6 don't support it by now (thunar,
thunar-volman, panel, display, xfprint, orage). This is inconsistent
and so the feature is not mature enough for the final release.

I know something like this shouldn't be changed in release candidates
but I think the decision was right and with this, 4.6 will feel less
experimental.

  - Jannis