Would You try to help visually impaired users of at-spi compatible assistive technologyes to use XFCE desktop environment?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at deep.cz
Fri Dec 25 22:11:01 CET 2009

Dear core developers of XFCE,

    I Am a visually impaired user and i tested Mandriva One     2010.0 live Cd with XFCE desktop environment. I found out, that this desktop environment is using very little RAM, is very modular and i would like to valuably please You, if You would try to find The solution for The following problem.

    I Am able oto use Orca with XFCE, but only when I Am running Mozilla Firefox. In this case, all dialog box, including all tabs, all menu items are accessible by using Orca with Mozilla firefox. I can even browse The WEB page content and I Am able to use all quick navigation keys of Orca screen reader to quickly access all WEB page elements.

But i can not use The Orca preferences dialog box, i AM not getting feetback from Orca, but Orca is not crashing, when i press ESC key, i can work with Mozilla Firefox again. Please, would You try to help visually impaired users to use Orca? I think, that it would not to be difficult, because i did not occurred random crashes while sufring The WEB with Mozilla Firefox, no crashes related to called procedures or functions from The libraries, which Orca and it's compoents is using.

    Thank You for Your programmers help.

With kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel