Man page instead of terminal --help

Christoph .J Thompson cjsthompson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 00:04:39 CET 2009

Hi,

Sorry for the empty mail, somehow pushed on the send button instead of attach file :D

It really looks like there's indeed a whole lot of help text in the help output of Terminal. Why not just shave some of this off and move it to the man page. And still keep a shortened --help output. I often use --help just as a quick reminder of the name of options because I don't want to sift through the whole manual page.

While I'm at it, I also noticed there were some missing tooltips in Terminal. I attached a patch that fixes that.

Furthermore, I patch my terminal to use the standard utilities-terminal icon instead of Terminal's default icon so it looks more consistent with my chosen icon theme. Would there be any objections if I provide a patch that changes the default terminal icon to be hicolor's utilities-terminal icon instead of being 'Terminal' ?

Thank you,

--
PGP: 0xC189F229