Final period of the planning phase

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Tue Aug 25 19:08:16 CEST 2009

On 08/25/2009 04:15 AM, Nick Schermer wrote:
> 2009/8/25 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I'd like to remind you that there are only 5 days left of the planning
>> phase. So if you haven't thought about what you'd like to implement in
>> this cycle and what dependencies you need for this, I'd recommend to do
>> that now.
>
> Maybe we can depend on libwnck 2.24 (tagged @ 2008-09-22) or 2.22
> (tagged @ 2008-03-10). Seems more in line with Gtk 2.14 (tagged @
> 2008-09-04). A lot of API has been added in the versions up to 2.22,
> in 2.24 and later only bug fixes.

I'd definitely be happy with a libwnck bump.  Xfdesktop crashes with
some older versions we claim to support due to changed signal handler
signatures.  Trying to support all the various combinations is a pain in
the ass and waste of time.

Unless there's something useful in 2.24 that you can point to, let's go
with 2.22.

	-brian