Final period of the planning phase

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Aug 25 02:13:57 CEST 2009

Hey everyone,

I'd like to remind you that there are only 5 days left of the planning
phase. So if you haven't thought about what you'd like to implement in
this cycle and what dependencies you need for this, I'd recommend to do
that now.

Something I've just remembered is that we might see xfce4-docs emerging
within this cycle. In case it'll use Sphinx (which I think is very
likely considering that Mallard is far from being stable yet) this
would add 3-4 more dependencies for the docs to be built: Python,
docutils, Sphinx and a custom Sphinx extension for cross-referencing,
which I already wrote for testing purposes. Dunno how we feel about
these dependencies.

Depending on whether we integrate docs into the individual components
(as git submodules) or not, this would either mean mandatory or
optional dependencies on the things mentioned above.

  - Jannis