po-doc/ and LINGUAS

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 08:47:01 CEST 2009

On a somewhat related note:

What are we going to do with ChangeLogs? I've added the following to
terminal's autogen.sh (not pushed yet).

if test -d .git; then
  git log --format=short --shortstat 2> /dev/null > ChangeLog.tmp \
  && mv ChangeLog.tmp ChangeLog
fi
if test ! -f ChangeLog; then
  echo "A git checkout and git-log is required to generate this file."
> ChangeLog
fi

The short format is kinda nice, but it does not contain dates. I guess
there is always the *real* log for the full commit message, so I'm
fine with it since the files are not too big and easy to read.

Anyway we can add this in the Makefile.am or autogen.sh of each
package. Maybe also in xdt-autogen, but maybe there are packages who
want a --since=somedate (or since a tag) and preserve the old
ChangeLog.pregit log.

Nick