Xfce 4.8 entering planning phase

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Aug 20 23:31:05 CEST 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 03:03:53 +0200
Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:48:14 +0200
> Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:39:30 -0700

> > > I started a page for xfdesktop here:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfdesktop
> > >
> > > ... and I'll do one for xfconf and xfce4-session when I get a
> > > chance. I'd suggest everyone else use the same location in the
> > > wiki tree keep them in the same place.
> >
> > Good idea. Here's the page for thunar:
> >
> > http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/thunar
> >

> Here's garcon:
>
> http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/garcon

I've updated the Thunar page, added all core components to the list on

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/schedule#roadmap_planned_features

and added pages for

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfce4-appfinder and
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfce4-settings.

As I'm not the only maintainer of xfce4-settings I recommend you others
to add your stuff there.

Ok, the rest is up to you guys. Even if there's nothing planned, just
create an empty page and make it say that only few little changes here
and there are planned, if at all. Here are the components with missing
plans listing:

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/libxfce4ui
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/libxfce4util
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfce4-panel
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfce4-session
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfconf
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfwm4

Just as a reminder, we still have 10 days left for the planning phase.
I think we've got the release team and dependencies sorted out
already, which is good.

  - Jannis