Xfce 4.8 entering planning phase

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Aug 20 03:20:21 CEST 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:43:32 +0200
Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I though the release cycles would be shorter (6 months), but looking
> at the release model I'm wrong. So I guess it's fine then.

Yeah, we felt that 3-4 months of hacking might not be enough for a
small group of volunteers like us to get anything *real* done. We still
want to move forward with each release and just fix the tiny things
here and there. (Of course branches would allow us to develop
everything in branches and merge when its ready, but let's not put too
much time pressure on ourselves, shall we? ;))

  - Jannis