Xfce 4.8 entering planning phase

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Aug 20 02:48:14 CEST 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:39:30 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:

> On 08/16/2009 09:56 AM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
> >   3. Think about which features are realistic and make a
> >      non-obligatory list. Inform the community about 1., 2. and 3.
> > at the end of the planning phase.
>
> I started a page for xfdesktop here:
>
> http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfdesktop
>
> ... and I'll do one for xfconf and xfce4-session when I get a chance.
> I'd suggest everyone else use the same location in the wiki tree keep
> them in the same place.

Good idea. Here's the page for thunar:

http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/thunar

Pages for garcon (not a core component but especially relevant in the
4.8 cycle nonetheless), xfce4-appfinder, xfce4-settings and others will
follow.

I also have a few small plans for xfce4-mixer, loosely based on
xfce4-volumed, but that doesn't really belong here. This should only be
about core components.

  - Jannis