ANNOUNCE: xfce4-dev-tools 4.7.0 released

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 19 04:27:56 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I just pushed out a new release of xfce4-dev-tools.  There are some
changes you should make to your autogen.sh files to make things easier
on yourselves.  If you don't make the changes, things should still work,
of course (for the most part).

1.  Remove any configure.{ac,in} substitutions for @REVISION@ or
@LINGUAS at .  xdt-autogen will do these for you.  This means that if
you're substituting anything else into your configure.{ac,in} file, that
will stop working.  Please let me know and we can probably add it to
xdt-autogen for the next version.

2.  Remove po/LINGUAS entirely.  It isn't needed anymore.

3.  Add XDT_REQUIRED_VERSION="4.7.0" in front of the line that invokes
xdt-autogen.  This isn't really required and won't do all that much
since older versions of xdt-autogen will ignore it, but it's not a bad
idea to include it now to remind you to update it later if it's needed
for future versions.

4.  If you have custom stuff to add debugging flags in configure.ac.in,
you should remove them and go back to XDT_FEATURE_DEBUG, as it now adds
a ton more warning flags to gcc.  If there are other flags you'd like to
add, you can do something like:

if test "$enable_debug" = "yes" -o "$enable_debug" = "full"; then
  XDT_SUPPORTED_FLAGS([CFLAGS], [-Wsome-flag -Wsome-other-flag])
fi

The XDT_SUPPORTED_FLAGS macro will check each flag specified in the 2nd
argument, and if the compiler accepts it, add it to the variable
specified in the first argument.

	-brian