Transifex and LINGUAS files

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Tue Aug 18 01:31:00 CEST 2009

On 08/17/2009 04:24 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 00:54:33 +0200
> Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When a new translation is submitted with the Transifex form, the
>> LINGUAS file is not updated automatically. That's a problem that needs
>> to be solved...
>
> I'd vote for dropping the LINGUAS file and instead substituting
> @LINGUAS@ in configure.{ac,in.in} with something like this:
>
>   LINGUAS=$(ls po/*.po | awk 'BEGIN { FS="[./]" } { print $2 }')
>   sed -i -e "s;@LINGUAS@;$LINGUAS;g" configure.in.in

Fine by me.

> Maybe we also need to take po-doc/*.po into account.

Not currently... all of the modules with po-doc dirs need extra stuff
created when a new docs translation gets created.  I was playing around
with this a while ago, but decided to drop it since we're theoretically
moving to a new docs authoring language.

Also, need to figure out a way to deal with localised screenshots.

> Mike suggested a git hook but I don't think that's a good solution.

Yeah, that's a little messy to do and would mean generating a new commit
on the fly, which I don't really like.

	-brian