Release cycle

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Fri Aug 14 13:38:06 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:

> > Ok, guys, please let me know what you think. If we all agree that we
> > want to adopt this concept, we can start next week.
>
> Yeah, let's do it!  It's something to try at least.  I'm sure we'll hit
> problems and decide to modify the process for the next release cycle,
> but that's fine.  Gotta start somewhere.

Yeah, and to kick everything into first gear, please notice the green
bar in the image on the page below:

http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/release-policy#the_release_cycle

As you can see, the idea is that there won't be any synchronized
bugfix-releases in this model. With 4.4 minor releases were a pain to
release since you had to get all components into shape. The idea is
that every module-maintainer can release his module individually so
bugfixes can be made available fast and often.

Plz let us know what you think.

-
Stephan