git checkout help

Sebastian Schepens sebas.schep at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 12 19:22:38 CEST 2009

You can clone them by doing: git clone http://git.xfce.org/apps/xarchiver for exapmple. I Just checked and works. Don't know why yhe other ways aren't working, i'm just a noob here.

________________________________
From: Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com>
To: XFCE4 development list <xfce4-dev at xfce.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:15:32 PM
Subject: git checkout help

Hi,

I've never used git. Googling with these keywords "git checkout remote
repository" gave out a lot of material. I issued:

$ gt[Projects]$ git clone git://git.xfce.org/apps/xarchiver
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/gt/Projects/xarchiver/.git/
git.xfce.org[0: 138.48.2.101]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
gt[Projects]$

git checkout git://git.xfce.org/apps/xarchiver
fatal: Not a git repository
gt[Projects]$ git checkout http://git.xfce.org/git/apps/xarchiver
fatal: Not a git repository
gt[Projects]$

Can someone tell me how to pull out the sources from the git
repository and how to have commit permission?

Thanks,
Giuseppe
--
colossus73
Imagination, a simple and lightweight DVD slide show maker -