[Goodies-dev] git migration

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Tue Aug 11 21:10:39 CEST 2009

On 08/11/2009 04:56 AM, Ali Abdallah wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks a lot for the terrific effort for moving to git.
>
> Regarding mail commit notification, i received mails when you commit
> module.xml to xfdesktop+session+xfconf on xfce-commits, but of course i
> didn't receive any for the reset of your commits, so these mails
> (apps+panel-plugins,....) will be sent when goodies-commit when all
> goodies packages are moved?

No, I screwed up.  The commit mailer sends mails using the committer as
the From: address, and brian at tarricone.org wasn't subscribed to
goodies-commits@, so the mail got rejected.

Talking about this on IRC... I think we're going to try to set it up so
it doesn't matter what the From: address is.

But as Jannis said, I think we're going to drop goodies-commits and just
have everything go to one list.  It's a bit more traffic that way, but
the mail subjects should be easy to filter client-side.

	-brian