Will Xfce 4-8 be on time?

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Thu Aug 6 09:20:02 CEST 2009

On 08/05/2009 06:59 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Looking at http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/milestones I realized that
> there already should be two beta releases for 4.8, but so far nothing
> was released.
>
> The reason for me to ask is the release of Fedora 12, which is scheduled
> for November 3rd. Our beta release is October 6th, two days after Xfce
> 4.8 final. You think you can make it in time? Is there anything we can
> do support you?

Heh, probably not.  The release plan for 4.8 presupposed that a bunch of
other things would get done (like the git migration) in a reasonable
amount of time.

I think we still plan to move to the new release process, but it's just
been delayed a bit.  I'm planning on starting the git migration this
weekend (I'll send a separate email about that soon), so that'll be a
big step in the right direction.  We should have Transifex set up soon
after (thanks to Jannis), and probably other stuff I've forgotten, and
then maybe we can set a decent schedule for 4.8.

At least, that's how I see it... others might be expecting differently ^_^.

	-brian