xfce code help

Roberto Sobral Lima betolima1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 03:28:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

Really sorry for bothering with this stupid question, but I've been
studying Xfce code for more than months now, read all tutorials and
docs I could, and still didn't find what I'm looking for ..

I'm not quite familiar on gtk and choose xfce for learning it, and
perhaps, I wish, contribute with free software someday .. for start
I'd like to add some fancy features on menu, like "windows style
right-click to add or remove entries" kind of thing ..

After a lot of thinking and
compiling/gdb'ing/erasing/screeming/keyboard breaking, I still pretty
much lost in how xfce uses all those xfce_menubutton, xfce-menu-item,
xfce-appmenuitem .. specially where to attach a signal for right
clicks ... I tried a lot of combinations but every time it lacks
something, sometimes the component doesn't accept the signal,
sometimes doesn't have the information about the menu file where it
comes from ..

as I'm running out of ideas,  could you guys please point me a place
to look for more info ?

Thanks a lot
Roberto