xfwm resize window from the top border

Alexander Iliev sasoiliev at mamul.org
Mon Apr 27 08:24:22 CEST 2009

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On dim, 2009-04-26 at 22:57 +0300, Alexander Iliev wrote:
>> And now that I can - I still don't want to and for me this feature is
>> just in the way.
>
> Hmhm, but the window top border is not really something you select by
> mistake. The titlebar is usually large enough to be able to select it
> and be able to move the window, isn't it?

Consider having a window positioned at the top of the screen. Before
the addition of the feature to resize using the top border I was able
to select the title bar by just "throwing" my mouse up, then click and
drag the window. Now, after I "throw" my mouse up, I have to move it
back down a few pixels in order to do that.

One might argue this is not a big deal, but for a user who's used to
such a use case it might be a big deal. Fitts law applied to this use
case before, and it does not anymore. :)

Best regards,
--
Александър Илиев