git migration

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Sun Apr 19 17:31:40 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Now that 4.6 is settling down, it's time to start talking about
migrating Xfce's services from svn to git.  I've created a page on the
wiki to keep track of useful info:

http://wiki.xfce.org/git-migration

There's an "Open Questions" section -- please read and discuss if you
have something to say.

The page is locked (except for me, Jannis, Stephan, and Nick[1]).  I
want most discussion to take place on the ML.  Those of you with edit
perms, please sign changes (use the "insert signature" button in the
editor) that represent your opinion on a question.

I'm going to start doing some test conversions as time permits.  Of
course, until I give the "we're all done" signal, any data in my test
conversions should be considered a scratch space and I may delete it at
any time.

	-brian

[1] Olivier, what's your wiki username?  Do you have one?