4.6 documentation efforts

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Tue Apr 7 22:06:06 CEST 2009

Le Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:43:03 -0500,
Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at ubuntu.com> a écrit :

> Hi there,
>

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Jean-François Wauthy
> <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 22:28 +0200, Jean-François Wauthy wrote:
> >
> >> I won't have time to do it before tomorrow evening (CEST), if
> >> anyone wants to it before that, feel free but just answer this
> >> mail to let everyone knows it's done.
> >>
> > Finally I found time and put together a first trunk-doc module. I'm
> > not sure all the things I included are translatable and I might
> > also have missed other translatable documentations. Just send your
> > feedback.
> >
> > --
> > Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>
>
> I went looking for the doc-trunk module last night, but wasn't able to
> locate it via the web-svn setup.  Does this still exist?  If someone
> could provide the url or path, I'd appreciate it.

That simply means viewvc doesn't support it. A svn co will do the job
without problem.

Btw, I hope we all agree that we want a wiki to update the
documentation. If so, lets set up a dokuwiki (yet another one) and
start it up. AFAIK dokuwiki is able or has plugins to output to XML
which means we can compute it to whatever we want to.

And the workflow should be one way: update the wiki, and before release
or several times after each wiki update, update the documentation in
the source tree.

Cheers
Mike