Xfce Buildbot Server - Call for Donations

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 08:37:53 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM, samuel <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> To pick up the topic again...
>
> Just to keep you guys up 2 speed of what is happening.
>
> 1. The machine is installed.
> 2. I concluded that the machine does not support hardware
> virtualization (so no kvm or Xen) as HP didn't implement this in their
> bios. (even their latest bios release doesn't support it)
> 3. I send a mail to HP support to request a better bios... no answer...
> 4. Brian and others in #xfce-dev have tried enabling hw virt with both
> user space code as kernel mode code... fail...
> 5. We have some contacts with a coreboot developer that ported
> coreboot to this machine. He said there are problems with it and now
> we are trying to figure out if they are fixable. If they are fixable
> we could enable hardware virtualization like that... big IF...
Update...

Yesterday i succeeded booting the machine with a custom firmware based
on coreboot. The cpu's are working! Hardware virtualization and
everything included!
I still have to clean up the image a bit:
1. Right now i have no support for vga (so all output is send through
the serial port). This is a bit inconvenient for Stephan in Stockholm
so i will need to fix this. (Worse case scenario i'm going to pick up
a vga card in the shop)
2. Right now i still have to choose some stuff manually which means i
can't reboot the machine from a remote line. This is very easy but i
need to twinker a bit with the options.