Xfce 4.6 BETA 1 - Due in 2 weeks

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sun Sep 28 21:04:16 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

I'd like to point out that Xfce 4.6 BETA 1 (aka 'Tucu-tuco') is due 2
weeks from now.

With Pinkie, we have given people a glimps of what is to come. And,
since its release many issues have been solved already. Pretty much
all components have had bugfixes and improvements over the past few
weeks.

Now, with the first BETA on the horizon, I would like to adress a few
problems I would like to see fixed prior to the release:

 - xfwm4 keyboard-shortcuts... they kinda need to be adapted to the
new shortcuts system written by Jannis
 - xfce4-settings-editor ... needs to provide what the name suggests,
edit settings. (i'm working on that)
 - workspace-margins need to be re-added somewhere.

I think this covers about all 'feature'-regressions caused by the
migration to xfconf. If there are any more, please let me know.

One more thing: could you please update the section of your modules on
the roadmap wiki-page[0]? I have removed some issues I knew where
already fixed, but if you can remove some more (or possibly add some),
please do.

I really feel we are going the right way, and despite a few remaining
issues, xfce is ready for the beta.

Happy hacking guys ^_^.

Regards,
Stephan