Xubuntu HugDay

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Sep 22 15:18:57 CEST 2008

We are organizing the first Xubuntu Hug Day and want a little help.
Since we would like as much participation as possible, we are looking
at a full day, possibly September 26 or 27.

The HugDay is a special day where the Xubuntu Community comes together
with a shared goal of triaging as many bugs as possible. Working
together allows us to share knowledge and give some much needed
assistance to both the Xubuntu and Upstream Developers. Since many of
the bugs are forwarded upstream, this should be as beneficial to Xfce
and Debian development as to Xubuntu Development.

The term HugDay is a spin on BugDay. Every time someone triages a bug,
then someone else should hug him/her. Why? This is a very special way
for us to tell everyone that we love contributions! And triaging bugs
is a really big contribution.

To maximize our efforts, we would like to ask for developers to
volunteer to be around to offer their expertise, assist, and
participate in the fun. What would be the best date and times for you?
Can we count on your help to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any time you can help with. We know how busy
everybody is at this time.

Please cc cjk at teamcharliesangels.com in your response, since I am not
on all the mailing lists.

Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com>