DPI fix in xfsettings and xfce4-settings

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Sep 10 08:48:13 CEST 2008

On mar, 2008-09-09 at 21:05 +0200, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> I don't know if this is the final solution but I just committed a fix
> to xfsettingsd and xfce4-settings for a DPI problem I spotted.

Ok, here with “latest” (on sarts alpha folder, so…) xfconfd and
xfce4-settings, using -1 (default) for dpi settings doesn't work.

I don't want to force them, but currently my only choice is to force
them to 125 dpi (which is my config) to have correct font settings.
Without that, fonts are too tiny in gtk (so I have to tune them), and
even disappear in xfce website in epiphany-gecko:

http://molly.corsac.net/~corsac/xfce/

Btw, with current xfconf/xfce4-settings, using:

xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Xft/DPI -s 125

leads to have 48 in the Appearance Settings window. So there is still
some problems :)

In 4.4, when one set the dpi, it was passed “as is” to xrdb, iirc. Why
is there now a scaling factor?

Yves-Alexis