xdg user directory patches on development version

Andrea Santilli yawara at quipo.it
Mon Sep 8 06:03:12 CEST 2008

I'm sending you the updated patches that make xfce recognize the xdg
user directory paths.

I made them on 4.5.0-rev27605

I *had* to add a function to libxfce4util called
xfce_get_user_special_dir() which redirects to g_get_user_special_dir()
in case you're compiling on glib >= 2.14.
Otherwise it guesses the paths by reading the ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs
file (as newer glib versions do). It returns ~/Desktop when the desktop
directory is undefined.

Another change is that now xfdesktop now considers the right templates
directory.

Other minor fixes.

I wish I could make thunar menu entries for those directories disappear
in case xfce_get_user_special_dir() returns NULL or $HOME. But as soon
as I make thunar remove some GtkActionItem, Gtk start complaining on the
standard error about missing actions.

Any hint about this issue is very appreciated :)