reopening the session management discussion...
Brian J. Tarricone
bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 3 20:49:35 CEST 2008
Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> It may sound trivial to you now, but doing it right will take you
> several days, esp. testing the stuff. You can of course commit it to
> xfce4-session, but I don't have time to review such a patch.
All right -- I'm sure it's not trivial, but I seriously doubt it will
take as long as:
1. Develop new dbus-based session management spec.
2. Post spec on xdg-list.
3. Get some kind of consensus.
4. Write new session manager (mostly) from scratch.
5. Write new client library from scratch.
6. Make all our apps use #5, but still have a XSMP fallback for
(And I'm sure adding SmRestartImmediately support is still quicker even
if you leave out step #3.)
More information about the Xfce4-dev