Xarchiver 0.5.0rc1 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Thu Oct 30 12:04:19 CET 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org> wrote:
>> This sounds the perfect solution, a menu item with link to the
>> donators/sponsors page.
>> you can always control/remove/add new people without changing anything
>> concerning the code, it's a fair solution that shouldn't bother anybody.
>
> Do you use the firefox extension GMail Manager? Have a look at the
> Help tab in the Preferences section.

Just because it is used elsewhere doesn't mean it is good practice.

I agree with Ali and Christoph here, a link to
xarchiver.xfce.org/sponsors seems like a better approach then linking
to sponsor-pages directly.

Then you have post-release control over your sponsorship page.

(eg, if someone pays you for developng 0.6.0, they will be credited in
0.5.0 aswell)

Cheers,
Stephan