Xarchiver 0.5.0rc1 released

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:44:11 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Agreed, but the developers should also take care of bugs submitted by
> others instead of closing them INVALID although they still exist.

Yes, you are right. I apologized in the bugzilla page and I apologize
here again.

> BTW: What version do you want me to file bugs against now? What revision
> are you accepting?

It's hard to answer this question since I can't reproduce the bugs
that I believe to occur in your system. BTW I would say
please use the current svn revision.

> Honestly I don't think so. Maybe my criticism may be harsh, but it is
> not impertinent or insulting. I apologize for being harsh, but IMO your
> reaction to my bug reports was harsh too. Anyway, I'll try to stick to
> the facts now.

Ok, let's stop here and let's concentrate to fix these bugs.

> This is not fair, I already submitted a couple of patches back in 2006.
> Sorry I can't do more at the moment but I'm too busy.

???? I can't remember, did you send them to my email address or to
this list? Sorry for that.

Please can you tell me under which environment did the crashes occur?
And also can you run the current svn revision
from the source directory as follows:

$ gdb src/xarchiver

... crash occurs ...

(gdb) bt

and then send me the resulting output please.

Thank you for submitting the bug reports.
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org