Xfce4 session 4.5.91 doesn't compile

Terje Uriansrud ter at operamail.com
Wed Oct 22 21:26:00 CEST 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:00:39 +0200, Ali Abdallah <ali.slackware at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile Xfce beta, in the configure script for
> xfce4-session i got the following warning:
>
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h:  present but cannot be compiled
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h:  check for missing prerequisite headers ?
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h:  see the Autoconf documentation
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h:  section "present but cannot be compiled"
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
> WARNING: linux/ioprio.h:  report this to the xfce4-dev at xfce.org
>
> and after trying to compile: derederencing pointer to incomplete type
> for line 50,51,58,59 in ioprio.h
>
> the alpha version compiles on my system, kernel version 2.6.24.7.
>
> it seems that i'll not be able to see the pluggable window settings
> today.

Had the same error today when building beta1 on a Slackware current
installation.
The header file (ioprio.h) included in Slackware is somehow incompatible
with beta1.

To fix try to update your header files. I did this and got things to
compile.
Not sure if it is recommended to update header files like that, so be
careful ;)

--
Regards
Terje