XfconfChannel support for plugins.

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:42:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I can image some plugin writers want to use Xfconf for storing their
properties. The panel api can help them with this, but the question
is, do we want the settings for each plugin in 1 or separate channels.

I have no intentions to link xfconf to libxfce4panel, so 2 possibilities remain:

Multiple plugins in 1 channel:
gchar *xfce_panel_plugin_get_xfconf_property (XfcePanelPlugin *plugin,
const gchar *property);

this will return > /plugins/{plugin_name}-{plugin_id}/{property} so i
can be used for  xfconf_channel_get_*
using the panel channel.

Or
gchar *xfce_panel_plugin_get_xfconf_channel_name (XfcePanelPlugin *plugin);

Which returns
{plugin_name}-{plugin_id}

Any ideas here?

Nick