xfce 4.6 background color/image

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 5 12:06:47 CEST 2008

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 11:41:53 +0300 Stavros Giannouris wrote:

> Στις 04-10-2008, ημέρα Σαβ, και ώρα 19:57 -0700, ο/η Brian J.
> Tarricone έγραψε:
> > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 03:51:50 +0300 Stavros Giannouris wrote:
> >
> > > Στις 04-10-2008, ημέρα Σαβ, και ώρα 07:31 -0700, ο/η Grant
> > > McWilliams έγραψε:

> > > Hey
> > > If you want to use photographs for the wallpapers, check those
> > > two: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stavrosg/2499290747/sizes/l/
> > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/stavrosg/2374307263/sizes/l/
> > >
> > > If you like them, and make wallpapers out of them, I'll put them
> > > under whatever license they need to be for inclusion in the
> > > xfce4-artwork package.
> >
> > Well, for the default backdrop, it would go into the xfdesktop
> > package.
> >
> > I think CC-BY-SA, or something equally permissive, would be fine,
> > yeah?
> >

> CC lisences are incompatible with the GPL, so it can't be used for
> something included in the xfdesktop package. GPL should be just fine.

Not true -- you can certainly distribute a GPL covered application
side-by-side with a CC-covered piece of artwork.  Just because the
source code and art are in the same tarball doesn't make them the same
work, or a work derived from the other.  (Note the "mere aggregation"
bits from the GPL.)

	-brian