xfce4-session dbus interface

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 3 00:45:45 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I spent some time fleshing out a dbus interface for xfce4-session.
Right now my intention is for it to be more of a remote-control spec
(the first use case being a GUI session editor), but I plan on extending
it to hopefully become a replacement for XSMP entirely (pending
freedesktop.org buy-in, anyway).  But the XSMP replacement will be for
4.8; the simpler stuff is for 4.6.

See the API here:
http://mocha.xfce.org/~kelnos/testing/xfce4-session-dbus.xml

Let me know what you think -- esp comments on my TODO items at the top
would be useful.  Let's not be too ambitious here; I want to be able to
implement most of this in the next week and a half.

	-brian