Xfce 4.6 BETA 1 - Due in 2 weeks

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Thu Oct 2 00:07:03 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to point out that Xfce 4.6 BETA 1 (aka 'Tucu-tuco') is due 2
> weeks from now.
>
> With Pinkie, we have given people a glimps of what is to come. And,
> since its release many issues have been solved already. Pretty much
> all components have had bugfixes and improvements over the past few
> weeks.
>
> Now, with the first BETA on the horizon, I would like to adress a few
> problems I would like to see fixed prior to the release:
>
>  - xfwm4 keyboard-shortcuts... they kinda need to be adapted to the
> new shortcuts system written by Jannis
>  - xfce4-settings-editor ... needs to provide what the name suggests,
> edit settings. (i'm working on that)
>  - workspace-margins need to be re-added somewhere.
>
> I think this covers about all 'feature'-regressions caused by the
> migration to xfconf. If there are any more, please let me know.
>
> One more thing: could you please update the section of your modules on
> the roadmap wiki-page[0]? I have removed some issues I knew where
> already fixed, but if you can remove some more (or possibly add some),
> please do.
>
> I really feel we are going the right way, and despite a few remaining
> issues, xfce is ready for the beta.
>
> Happy hacking guys ^_^.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>

> [0] wiki.xfce.org/roadmap_to_46

Some of you have noticed that BETA-1 means feature-freeze. If you have
any features you wanted to add prior to the release. This is why I've
added a roadmap for 4.8 on the wiki[1].

Anything we can't add to 4.6, we can already mention there. Just to
make sure we don't forget and to keep us motivated to get 4.6.0 out
^_^. (because then there will be new stuff... again ^_^)

Cheers,
Stephan

[1] wiki.xfce.org/roadmap_to_48