Power manager for the xfce4 desktop

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:15:40 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:27 AM, ali abdallah <ali.slackware at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last six months i was navigating XFCE source and i'm by now familiar with
> it, i decide to start writing a power manager, and i have a good result
> here, i'm been working heavily on it.
> i'm wishing to contribute to XFCE developments ( as much as i can ), i have
> free time.
>
> This power manager supports for know battery monitoring (
> primary,ups,mouse,keyboard) dpms settings, cpu frequency scaling ( for linux
> only not yet for other OSs ), hibernate and suspend. it does use XFCONF for
> settings.
>
> Please let me know if you find my work useful so i can proceed, i work for
> CERN as a programmar ( i think you already heard about the LHC black holes
> :) ).
>
> I know that kelnos started such project, i want to make sure to don't
> duplicate efforts.
>
> Please find the source in the attachement.

I don't have a machine where this would be useful, so I can't test it
out for you. But it's always awesome to have people making cool stuff.

Next time though, don't attach such a big attachment to the mailing
list. I use webmail, so it's not such a big deal, but believe it or
not there are still people on low bandwidth lines, or using corporate
email accounts with size limits.

There is a lot of background busy work going on with the beta releases
of Xfce 4.6, so you might have trouble getting core dev attention.
That said, you should totally set this up as an Xfce goodies project.

http://goodies.xfce.org/

> Best Regards,
> Ali.

Erik
"It's true, Alice Cooper is a hippie, but he's the bad kind of hippie.
He's the kind of hippie that breaks into people's offices, beats them
up, and shoots them in the head. Why? To steal their antique chairs."