Mousepad status

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Wed Oct 1 15:32:01 CEST 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:31:26 +0200, "Nick Schermer"
<nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/30 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> > On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:56:53 +0200, "Nick Schermer"
> > <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well there is one problem that prevents me from moving it to trunk:
> >> decent encoding support. Atm in my nick_0_3 branch encoding is a
> >> mess, my local version is better, but still with some loose ends.
> >
> > Nick, what about disabling the new encoding support in your branch
> > with some ifdef's or with a command-line option and then ship it
> > with 4.6, this way people miss 'only' the new encoding support but
> > can enjoy the other great and new improvements from your branch.
>
> There is _no_ support atm. You know a text editor without encoding
> support is not ready for production.

Oops, I hadn't had a look at your branch for a long time, obviously.
But still I don't see a big problem to ship mousepad without encoding
support even though it would be some kind of regression since the
current trunk and the 4.4 release had encoding support.
It would also be sad to not ship the new features of your branch.

I'm not sure but luckily I don't have to decide it, haha.

Regards,
Enrico